Need idea: Deck or Patio ?

Need ideas to go from dining area to outside on the south side of the house, I have sliding patio doors. Would like to ( just an idea ) use some stone steps that lead to a patio. It is worth a shot to find something unique. Thank you
  • Marlies Marlies on May 24, 2017
    When using stone steps. especially on a wood deck, make sure that you place a rubber mat underneath for air flow
  • Ardale Ardale on May 25, 2017
    I've seen some very pretty decks done in stone paving stones leading off the houses French doors or sliding doors and your stone steps would fit right in. You can pick up your stones on sale especially at Menards who regularly run sales on all their paving stones and bricks. The prettiest patio decks I've seen were done in what I call tumbled stone pavers. If your doors are pretty high off the ground then you might want to go with a treated wood deck leading to a step down lower stone patio which would also look dramatic. Hope this helps!
  • Ellis Ellis on May 31, 2017
    Bluestone is really nice, and it is elegant looking patio. I put in some stone steps with bluestone treads. But it is a job for a mason.