Easy Clothespin Sunflower Wreath

$8

A little Rit Dye, some clothes pins, a wreath form, and a few finishing touches and you have a sunflower wreath. Inexpensive and easy to make!

You can see more of my crazy creations here

For this project you'll need:

• Clothespins
  • Rit Dye - I used Lemon Yellow
  • Wreath Form
  • Brown acrylic paint & paint brush
  • Flowers
  • Burlap ribbon
  • Twine
  • Bowl or Bucket for dying

Put your clothes pins in a large bowl or bucket.

*For my wreath it is a 14" frame from Dollar Tree and it took 156 clothespins.

Cover the clothespins in water. Add 2 Tablespoons or more of Rit Dye to reach your desired color. Remember to shake the bottle up before pouring.

Let them soak for approximately 4 hours.

Let the clothes pins dry completely. Mine took a little over 24 hours stacked like this.

On your wreath form, clip your clothes pins on the last wire all the way around.

For your second layer, clip your clothes pins on the first and second wires all the way around.

It'll look like this after you get all the clothespins on.

Paint brown acrylic paint on the the first layer a little over half way. I also made the edges uneven to create that sunflower's center look.

*Optional, if you aren't up for painting, you could use brown Rit Dye and dye the first circle of clothes pins instead. So you'd have an outer layer of yellow, and a center layer of brown clothespins.

Add a burlap ribbon bow, and pull some sunflower heads off a bouquet and hot glue them onto your wreath.

Tie a piece of twine at the top for hanging.

Your sunflower wreath is done for you to enjoy.

I would love to have you stop by my blog    Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOsMN7hycVRco-MROXwmXg

These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
Chas' Crazy Creations

• Dorty
    Dorty

About how many cloths pins

• Judy
    Judy

My clothespins on the last wire do not lie down the second row is perfect. What am I doing wrong on the first row?

• Sheila Curry
    Sheila Curry

What did you use for the white center ? Nothing was mentioned but it looks like something is there because it just looks empty in the center.

• Debbie Roberts
      Debbie Roberts

I haven’t made this yet, but what I am planning on doing (since I don’t like the empty middle), find a paper plate large enough to overlap the center from behind. Put some batting on top of it, cover with some brown material. Hot glue it to the back of the material and then glue to center of frame.