Patriotic Wreath - Memorial Day & July 4th

We have two important summer holidays coming up that require a show of Patriotism. I made this Memorial Day – July 4th Paper Wreath out of pretty inexpensive items and I love that it will get to do double duty for Memorial Day and Independence Day in July.
Cut a circle out of your cardboard.  About 4 inches in diameter.  I used my trusty duct tape to trace a circle from.  You could totally eyeball it, it doesn’t have to be perfect because you will not see it.
Fold your paper in half and then cut along the fold so that you have two pieces of paper.
Start rolling your paper cones. Take one of the halves you just cut and roll it on the diagonal until you have a cone shape.  Secure the cone flap thingy with your glue gun.
Repeat the cone rolling with the red white and blue paper.  You will need anywhere from 10-16 rolls of each color depending on how full you want your wreath to be.
Start adding the cones to the cardboard circle with your glue gun.
Continue adding the cones to the wreath, layering the second color on top of and sort of in between the first.  Continue with all three colors until you have three layers: red, white and blue.
Use this handy dandy template and perfect instructions from Home Made Gifts Made Easy to make your gold star for the middle.  Adhere the gold star with the glue gun, I also added some duct tape to the back of mine because my wreath got puffy and I needed something sort of bulky to help attach the star.
Form your piece of twine into a loop and hot glue it to the back of the wreath to help with hanging.
And that is all, folks! You have just made a gorgeous and patriotic wreath that your neighbors will slow down and stare at as they drive past your house!  Talk of the town, people.  Can’t beat it!

• 8-10 sheets each of Red, White and Blue cardstock paper (I cheated and used regular printer paper for the white)
  • 1 sheet of gold cardstock paper (or you can cheat like me and cut up a gift bag from Christmas)
  • Glue Gun

3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
Marybeth Santos

• Donna

How do you make the star?

• John Prochazka

Hi Donna, I just read the article, and there is a link to Home made gifts made easy which shows you how to make the star. Hope that helps.