Whats a cheap way to update countertops for less than 50.00 dollars?

+3
We are redoing our kitchen on a very tight budget. We painted the kitchen a no t green an are going to use pallet wood for the back splash. We are going to sand an paint cabinets an add new hardware but are stumped when it comes to countertops!!
  • Jts24180184 Jts24180184 on May 24, 2017
    I meant painted a mint green
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on May 24, 2017
    What are the countertops made of?
  • VENA SILLIPHANT VENA SILLIPHANT on May 25, 2017
    Why not use pallet wood? Make sure your pallet wood is bug and termite free, and just attach it to your counter tops. Give it a good sanding and then seal the heck out of it. It will give you a butcher block look for $0, and depending on how high you were planning on going with your backsplash, it would be a nice cohesive look.
  • Madilyn Madilyn on May 25, 2017
    I spent $7.00 covering my existing Formica with pretty scrapbooking paper to match my small budget and the “distressed farmhouse” theme of our tiny kitchen. It took me 3 hours to clean and degrease the countertops, lay out the 12x12 sheets, making sure the pattern matched at the seams, paint the area with matching chalk paint in areas where the seams would be just in case there was a gap, glue down sheets with Mod Poge, cut out with an Exacto knife around sink, calk around the sink to prevent water damage, and seal with a polyacrylic product. I sanded lightly between the 5 poly coats. This was supposed to be a temporary fix but 2 years later I am still getting compliments and it has held up beautifully!
  • Jts24180184 Jts24180184 on May 25, 2017
    Thats a unique idea thank you!!
    Formica