Peggy
Peggy

I'm getting a new roof and need advice on choosing roof, sofit,& tri

D.Becky PartainPeggy
+7

My house is a tan/yellowish brick
need help in choosing color for roof and soffit etc
thank you
q i m getting a new roof and need advice on choosing roof sofit and tri
  • Kathy

How about the color Driftwood it has shades of brown in it but not a red brown.
  • Peggy

Are you saying to match the roof and soffit trim etc?
    what brand is driftwood?
  • John

the lighter color the shingle, the more it reflects.....think of clothes...white reflects heat while black absorbs heat...same with shingles....if you want it cooler, use a light color, if you want it warmer, use a dark color...for resale value, it is best to stick with neutral colors for the soffit...people don't typically like loud colors....think neon pink.....or psychodellic yellow....try to blend with the neighborhood...also if you have a homeowners association---follow their rules or risk being sued......I know a person who painted their front door red and got fined by the HOA $200 per day till it got repainted
  • Ann Tidmore

Where you live has a lot to do with the best color. Avoid black or a very dark color if you live in the South. It will make your home harder to cool. A light tan or gray is often pretty. My neighbor recently did a new roof in alternating shades of grey and it is very pretty.
  • Megan

Just keep in mind the darker you go the hotter it will make your attic. There is actually a difference in a black shingle verses a gray shingle. And you could always go with a medal roof now days.
  • Be careful of any grays with a bluish tint as it will make your brick look more yellow. Driftwood is a great neutral that avoids looking blue or red and offers hints of both gray and brown. Several companies use this color designation or will be familiar with it and have something silver. You can search "driftwood shingles and get a good idea of the options.
  • Peggy

Thank you for all comments !
  • Becky Partain

Hello, I would do a grey roof with white trim. I think it'll look nice and fresh.
  • D.

I agree with Becky. The white will make the grey look fresh and classic for years to come.