Why haven't some of my amaryllis bloomed this year?

Mar7331663Danielle OdinJulie
+2

Left them in ground Over winter. Lots of foliage healthy looking too.

what is your location?When were the bulbs planted ? What lighting are they in? How did you plant them? Questions needed for answers
  • Kathy

Overwatering is the biggest reason for failure. I have attached a sourChe for Amaryillis care.

• Julie

If you live where the late freeze that could be the problem. Or you could have them planted too deep. You might want to check to see if soil has built up around the bulbs since you planted them. I live near Savannah and some of mine did not bloom as usual this year.
  • Danielle Odin

They are usually reluctant to blooming if they have been repotted. They like to be a little root bound.
  • Mar7331663

You need to rub gently off the old growth like onion peel. They need to breath and they like almost out of the ground and crowded. Sometimes when they are transplanted they wont bloom for two years. If the foliage is good, check the internet for tips in your area.