Ideas to Repurpose Old Cabinet Doors Into Beautiful Home Decor

You can find random cabinet doors in all kinds of places! Salvage yards, your garage, your neighbors trash, yard sales and so much more!

But what can you do with them? How can you turn them into cute home décor?

Let me show you my stop four ways to repurpose a plain jane cabinet door!
First, let's clean those doors! Get all the oils and dirt off them with some Krud Kutter! Seriously, funny name....but does the job!
Second, paint all your doors fun colors that you like! I love my Junk Monkey Paint! No priming, sanding, stripping needed. I painted all the
doors shown below in random colors of this paint...giving me different looks...shabby to rustic! You can seal them with a wax or poly!
#1 Idea - Turn them into organizers! Here's a iron hook I screwed onto this white door. I added a little distressing with sandpaper around the edges to give
it a classic shabby chic look!
Some times you find doors that are long and tall. These are PERFECT to flip horizontally and then add hooks! Add random knobs and hooks! These are
perfect for a jewelry display, to hang robes, hanging candles, dries flowers and sooooo much more! (I found these cute knobs on sale and had to
grab them! Love the teal!)
#2 Idea- Turn them into signs! Apply some vinyl and go to it! Buy pre-made stickers at your local craft store, have some made by a local company or purchase a vinyl cutting machine if you plan a make a few of these!
Rather than pay a ton for new wood...or to make a sign background and have to get into carpentry skills...just find a door with a neat look
and use it! Typically I buy my doors for $2 each!
You can also pull out a stencil to add to the door. Stencils are great because you can use them over and over again!
#3 Idea - Add handles and you have a tray! I found these once again on discount! You can recreate them by spraying some simple handles and then
wrapping them with a little twine/jute string!
#4 Idea - Create a chalkboard! THINK - you can have just about any size you want! Perfect for those positive sayings, let the kids have fun with them, give
them as gifts, write messages and take pics (back to school, etc), grocery items, to-do list and soooooo much more! Find a door with the perfect inlay to do this!
What's your favorite way to upcycle a cabinet door? Will you be trying one of these ideas?! I'd love to see what you create!

Be sure to follow me for daily DIY inspiration over on my Facebook page at: Sonia's Shabby Chic - Junk Monkey Paint
(www.facebook.com/shabbychicbysonia)

OR www.styleshabby.com

Shabby love,
Sonia
This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

• Junk Monkey Paint  (www.facebook.com/shabbychicbysonia)
  • Iron Hangers  (Hobby Lobby)
  • Stencil  (Local Craft Store)

30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden

• Sheri
    Sheri

Can this paint be used on wicker?
    • Charlee Hunter
      Charlee Hunter

Yes it can, but in my opinion it's way easier to spray wicker. They do now make a spray chalk-type paint, I've seen it at Ace and Lowes.
  • Ele3051643
    Ele3051643

How do you get the screws flush with the wall or something that it to be flush?

• Susan Goode-Null
      Susan Goode-Null

Use a counter sink drill bit to recess the screw head flush with the surface. Just be sure you don't sink the screw head too deep or you may have issue on the other side of the project. This works great if the screw head is rounded. A flat head screw should not be a problem, though you can still use the counter sink to get it that 16th of an inch deeper so it will completely flush.

• Dee
    Dee

No question. Just a comment.

Beautiful ideas. I did this for back porch, and I love it also.

• Cari
    Cari

Love this idea! Where can I find doors for $2?!