Create Super Cute Wall Storage From An Old Drawer

$10

I needed just a little extra wall storage in my bathroom. I just couldn't find any cabinets that I liked. They were all rather boring also I'd rather spend my money on something else. I'd already made some cute plant shelves with wood slices (see here).

I then had a little Eureka moment, when I realized I could transform an old drawer I had kicking around in my shed.

I'd picked the drawer up from a skip (dumpster) a few months ago, just because I liked the blue handle.

I also liked the chippy cream paint on the front of the drawer. Therefore I just cleaned the front and the handle up with soap and water and left them as they were.

I then sanded the rest of the drawer.

To give the drawer an antique look I then coated the bare wood with a dark antique furniture wax.

To protect the chippy front of the drawer I used a clear furniture wax.

Do add interest to my drawer I decoupaged the base with some gorgeous graphic whale paper I had found on Amazon.

Cavallini makes other nautical themed papers with fish, shells, and lobsters if you want to try something different.

I cut the paper to size and used mod podge to stick it down. I then sealed the paper with another layer of mod podge to protect it.

I then made a shelf for the cupboard. I just used a scrap piece of wood which I cut to size and painted blue.

To fix the shelf to the inside of the drawer I just used picture eyelets.

If you need a few more detailed instructions you will find them on my blog link at the end.

I love how my little wall shelf/cupboard turned out. To fix it to my bathroom drawer I just used for wall screws in each corner.

I love how my upcycled draw cupboard looks in my bathroom. It certainly adds a bit of interest and gives it more character as well as being handy.

I love using vintage graphic gift wrap in my upcycles. You should check out the Ikea Lamp I hacked with some map gift wrap it is one my most popular projects ever.

Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Claire at Pillarboxblue

• Kat12065209
    Kat12065209

Great idea! What kind of wax did you use to protect the painted front?
  • Jody Ritchie
    Jody Ritchie

brilliant!!! absolutely love what you've done!!
  • Tami Stone
    Tami Stone

Question, but not on the shelf... What color is your bathroom wall. I need to re-paint my bathroom (which is almost the exact color of yours). My leftover paint has disappeared, so now I don't know what color it was. 🙃 -- I love your drawer/shelf. Looks great
    • Debbie
      Debbie

to paint match, they need a sample the size of a quarter or bigger, and completely flat.