How can I make Hard water drinkable?

I have hard water in the apartment I rent. How can I make it drinkable without spending a lot of money?
  • Sonia Sonia on May 25, 2017
    Hi I understand your issues! There's two ways that are cheap and easy. One you can simply boil the water and Kool-Aid in the normal plastic pitcher it removes the hardness in the smells in the tastes. Secondly, They sell for under $10 water pictures that have a charcoal filter in them. I just simply fill it with tap water and let it filter through it removes the hardness and the taste and smells.

FYI if you color your hair, or have blonde hair and your shower doesn't have a filter or softener make sure to get a purple shampoo it's made for grey haired people to remove brassy tones I use one 2 times a week but I wash hair daily.
  • Judy Ferrell Judy Ferrell on May 25, 2017
    you could also put a filter on the faucet. it is a little more expensive but it will keep the smell and taste out of food.
  • Elizabeth Dion Elizabeth Dion on May 25, 2017
    I added a Pur Water Filter directly on my faucet to soften the water and filter out bad chemicals. They cost around $40 and one filter cartridge generally lasts around 3 months. Hope this helps!