How do I get rid of ants in my lawn?

+2
I have a section about 10 foot square that is just ants and ant nests. Nothing I have tried has worked.
  • Shoshana Shoshana on May 25, 2017
    Cornmeal is a good trick. Ants are drawn to the cornmeal and bring it back to their colony as food. After ants drink water to wash down their cornmeal dinner, the cornmeal swells inside their digestive organs, killing them. It’s fast, effective and non-toxic!
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on May 25, 2017
    Apply food grade diatomaceous earth
  • Gail Gail on May 25, 2017
    Ortho Bug B Gone, a special buy, now on sale in your state, two for $10.00 at the Home Depot!
  • Or drown them in vinegar . . .
  • Betsy Betsy on May 25, 2017
    If you want to use chemicals, Ortho Home Defense is good. If you don't want to use chemicals - I don't, it kills the worms - use a mixture, 50/50 of powdered sugar and baking SODA, not powder. The ants will take it back to the nest and share it with the others. It's non-toxic to anything that can pass gas. Ants can't. You may have to apply it a few times, especially if it rains. Good luck.