How do you get rid of trumpet creeper?

+2
It is invading my garden and creeping into my lawn.
  • Shoshana Shoshana on May 25, 2017
    You can use boiling water as an herbicide to kill trumpet vines. Cut the vine at the ground and treat the ground 3 feet around the base with boiling water. Good luck!
  • Theresa Meger Theresa Meger on May 25, 2017
    i unfortunately have a lot of plants there. I may need to dig them up, get rid of the vine and replant them. Thank you
    • Cori Widen Cori Widen on May 26, 2017
      Based on what you said below, this could be your best course of action. Good luck!!! Let us know if you find another solution...
  • Jan Clark Jan Clark on May 25, 2017
    Certain trumpets are worse than others. If this one is more than 3 years old and sending up shoots, you're in for some digging. If it is yours, you can kill it. If it's an invader from someone else's yard, you're going to have to install a root block to keep it out. This involves digging a trench and placing a sheet of corrugated metal to a depth of about 18 inches. You can probably get a landscaper to give you an estimate.
    Yes it it ours and it has been there a while, lot of work digging and pulling but keeps coming back.