Best methods for keeping deer away from garden?

+2
  • Sandi Sandi on May 25, 2017
    Fox pee
  • Sandra Allen Sandra Allen on May 25, 2017
    Might be hard to get but I am sure it works. That said, you can now get a synthetic bottled formula here.

For other remedies, I have heard that putting irish sping soap in a food processor (that you never again use for food) works well. I found this when I googled "homemade deer repellent".
    Here is the link. Hope that helps.

To deter deer from eating your plants, garlic powder and other household items can be applied to plants with a spray bottle.
    1. Water. Deterring deer from your yard and plants starts with some hot tap water. ...
    2. Eggs. Eggs make a great addition to a deer-repellent spray for two reasons. ...
    3. Garlic Powder. ...
    Cayenne Pepper. ...
  • Laura Lander Laura Lander on May 26, 2017
    Copper canyon daisy is a plant deer hate. It's actually a kind of marigold but smells like mint. It gets big and kind of frowsy but deer hate the smell. It blooms in late fall when everything else has stopped. It's perennial and you can root it in water.
  • Vickie Vickie on May 26, 2017
    I just read a tip about this. Use 30 lb. monofilament fishing line and put it up around your garden at about their thigh height. They can't see it but when they hit it with their legs it spooks them so they stay away.
  • Deer turn their noses up at fragrant plants with strong scents. Sages, ornamental salvias, and lavender, daffodils, garlic, annual vinca, marigolds, coneflowers

Use a vegetable peeler on the bar of Irish Spring soap and scatter shavings around plants and bushes. There's a product called Bobbex that works really well if you have something you want to protect though!

I read this from Gma Kirk: A farmer gave me a gross recipe for repellent...but it works. cup or two of urine, tablespoons of crushed garlic, and cayenne pepper, two eggs in a gallon jug, shake well, fill rest of the way with water. Cap and let age a week. Then you drizzle small stream around the perimeter of whatever you want to keep them from eating - works on rabbits too!