What is the best way to keep weeds out of the flower gardens?

+3
I love flower gardening, and have several beds. The weed sometimes get the best of me. What's the best way to get rid of the weeds without killing the "good stuff"?
  • Lynn Lynn on May 25, 2017
    MULCH, MULCH, MULCH!!!! Put a thick lawyer of mulch down to smother the weeds.
  • Lavonne Lavonne on May 25, 2017
    Mulch - that is absolutely the best way. But you can mulch in different ways. You can place a layer of newspaper, landscape cloth, or something similar between the plants and then cover lightly with the ground cover of your choice or you don't have to cover if you don't care about the look of the garden. DO NOT USE PLASTIC - it can make the ground heat up too much and kill the plants!
  • Emt9031931 Emt9031931 on May 25, 2017
    Make the kids weed them out! You could put down mulch or coffee grounds of the flowers likely soil.
  • Emt9031931 Emt9031931 on May 25, 2017
    Rephrase: around flowers that like sour soil.
  • Rose McMillan-Crawford Rose McMillan-Crawford on May 25, 2017
    Put down plastic and mulch or rocks on top of it. Plastic can be trash bags left over bags from market or anywhere.
  • Gail Woofter Gail Woofter on May 25, 2017
    Preen. It knows what is a weed and what is not. Sprinkle Preen in your garden bed, then cover with mulch. I have 80 rose bushes and I sprinkle it in my rose bed every spring. You can purchase it at most hardware or department stores.