Ideas on brightening up a wood paneled room?

+4
  • Lavonne Lavonne on May 25, 2017
    If you are game, you can paint the paneling. It is very popular now to give a paneled room a beach look by painting a light color.
  • Emt9031931 Emt9031931 on May 25, 2017
    Paint or wallpaper in a light color, then sparingly apply a little stain to make the appearance of a lighter wood.
  • Sandra Allen Sandra Allen on May 25, 2017
    The former posters are both right. Paneling doesn't have to be boring anymore. Clean it good, prime it and have some fun. If you don't like the little spaces that made the wood look like planks, you can get pretty molding and put it on before painting to give it a classier look. When you decide and do it, please post? We love to see our ideas come to fruition!!
  • You can add bright pops of color in the artwork and décor, like throws and thro pillows. Can also look at adding different lighting with different wattage bulbs.

• Rose McMillan-Crawford Rose McMillan-Crawford on May 25, 2017
    Prime and paint.
  • Sharon Sharon on May 25, 2017
    My whole living room is covered in old cedar shiplap and it seemed too dark to me. I got a better satin finish Bright White paint from Dutch Bros. to do the ceiling... that really helped. Then I added a two more table lamps with the brightest florecent bulbs I could get, I now have converted them to LED bulbs.

If its just those 4x8 wood paneling, I helped my neighbor paint her's with white satin paint, she loves it now. It is very bright now.
  • William William on May 25, 2017
    Paint! If your paneling has grooves you can fill them with drywall patching compound. Let it dry and use damp sponge to smooth it out. Prime with a stain blocking primer like Zinsser 123 then paint with your color.