I live in a second floor apartment, how do I clean the large screens i

+5
  • Sharon Sharon on May 25, 2017
    I do my clients screens for massive spider webs annually on 2nd floor. If they are the lightweight aluminum frames, I just opened window, turned at an angle until they fit in the opening. I put in the shower and hose off with a little brush lightly, shake, let dry. You press the little curved metal piece to release the tension. Your landlord should do this annually.
  • Bobbie Bobbie on May 25, 2017
    What type of windows do you have? Casement, double hung, awning, slider?
    How to clean will depend on which type you have and how easy it is to get at the screens!
  • FL FL on May 25, 2017
    I use to fill a tib with water and add some Dawn dish detergent. Then I washed them with a brush on both sides. Then I used the shower head to rinse them off. I would take them outside and wave them to get water off. Once dry, I replaced them. Doing over 8 screens from start to finish took less than an hour total. Easy peasy! Good lucK!
  • Maryanne English Maryanne English on May 25, 2017
    They are stationary can not be removed
  • Bobbie Bobbie on May 25, 2017
    Then I suggest you contact your landlord and ask him if he can have the windows and screens cleaned.
  • Vacuum them with the brush attachment. You can also go over them with a damp car wash sponge that you can pick up at any dollar store. Your landlord should provide this at least once a year, typically twice if you live where it snows.
  • Bobbie Bobbie on May 26, 2017
    Try asking your landlord if he would consider having someone do this service for you...