Patio problem!

+2
i live in a second story appartment and have a patio .squirrelslooking for buried food or hounding it.They climb up and dig out the earth in pots and planters either looking for something they've hidden or hiding nuts .there is a patio below me and this soil ends up on it .neigbour unhappy .I have moved plants etc indoors but would like to take a few if the larger ones outside for the summer.How might I cover the actual soil to protect and ve vent the squirrels from digging it out?
  • FL FL on May 25, 2017
    Please share more info so we can offer help!!!!
  • Bobbie Bobbie on May 25, 2017
    What is it you'd like help with about your patio?
  • Gra23625851 Gra23625851 on May 25, 2017
  • Jan Clark Jan Clark on May 25, 2017
    Ah! A couple of ideas. I use river stones on my deck planters to keep the dogs from digging the mulch and dirt. You might also try some landscape cloth, cut to size and duct-taped closed around the plant and under the rim of the planter. My sympathies. Squirrels can be devilish!
  • Cori Widen Cori Widen on May 26, 2017
    Try landscape cloth first, or a layer of newspaper and mulch!