Most effective/efficient way to create borders around flowerbeds

+2
  • Bobbie Bobbie on May 25, 2017
    I like the interlocking concrete blocks. they are one foot long and so easy to put down. The trapezoid shaped ones can conform to many different shapes. They come in about three different colors or you can paint them if you like. Even my dogs don't try to dig them up....
  • FL FL on May 25, 2017
    Maybe you may be thinking of a border that goes into the ground up to ground level where you can mow the lawn right up to the border and not need to use a weed whacker to trim where the lawn meets the border. (Phew! Long sentence!). They sell rubber trim that comes in a roll and can do just that. You can fill the bordered in area with stones, ground cover, mulch, etc, just make a small trench next to the inside of the border so the filling doesn't spill out. Good luck!
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on May 25, 2017
    Think long term for this on.The black plastic edging will eventually crack as did mine and now there is none. They sell small sections of premade plastic edging that looks like stone.
  • I wonder if it would work around the fairy garden I did for my granddaughter as the lawn man destroys it when he weed eats around it..
  • I used bricks to coordinate with existing hardscape. As you can see, you have a lot of options!