DIY Granite Countertops
If you’re anything like me, you despise your old Formica and laminate counter tops. They stain easily, and not to they mention dent and scratch easily too! Furthermore, you’re probably wishing to hit the lottery some day just so that you can afford to replace the ugly things! I am dreaming of a gorgeous marble or granite counter tops!
WELL, I think we’ve found a solution for you… a paint kit specifically for
She had done a great deal of research online to analyze the cost and variety of Giani’s kits, thinking about what she wanted her kitchen counter tops to look like. She finally settled on the Giani Countertop Paint Kit, in Chocolate Brown since she loved the look and color of the “granite” it created!
Here are the steps she followed:
1. Clear your counters
2. Clean and dry counters –
3. Cut caulk from the seams of your counters
4. Once your counter tops are cleaned and prepped, apply a line of painters tape onto any surface surrounding your counters!
5. After completely taping, apply the primer coat.
6. Begin to add color by applying mineral layers (there are three different colors included-the cans are numbered 2a, 2b, 2c). Using the sponge Giani provides, dab each color onto a dry surface.
6. Add two layers of top coat.
And voila! You have brand new counter tops all in a weekend’s time, AND for under $100?? Are you kidding me!? Look at her finished product!
Check out more photos and details over on my website here
Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. More info
Want more details about this and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!Go