I have a strong coffee table with a shelf underneath,the problem is it

+4
Very dark,how do I transf it to a lighter colour.i have put that stripper stuff on it ,but it didn't even lighten it.
  • Susan Savarese Susan Savarese on May 25, 2017
    How about painting it? I don't know that anything other than sanding it will lighten it up.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on May 25, 2017
    What stripper did you use,perhaps it did not take all the finish off?
  • Sharon Sharon on May 25, 2017
    Some strippers don't remove stain, you have to check the bottle. You could use some wood bleach once you've removed the stain. Multiple applications will get it lighter.
  • C. D. Scallan C. D. Scallan on May 25, 2017
    Stain sinks into the wood . If you want to paint it, you will have to apply a primer first . Even then , you may have to apply more than one coat of paint .
  • Cori Widen Cori Widen on May 26, 2017
    Try chalk painting it - just need a clean surface, no primer.
  • Mar20460088 Mar20460088 on May 26, 2017
    Thanks to my u.s. folk for replying.not sure how I prepare table to apply chalk paint.
  • Patricia Patricia on May 26, 2017
    Chalk Paint would definitely brighten it up. If it has a very smooth and shiny surface you'll want to lightly sand it with 220-grit sandpaper to rough it up just a bit. Then just apply the paint. You'll need 2-3 coats depending on the color you choose. Then seal the paint with soft clear wax.