Peonies Are Starting

+9
Spring has finally arrived. My peonies are starting to bloom and the calla lilies are too.
e peonies are starting
e peonies are starting
e peonies are starting
e peonies are starting
e peonies are starting
e peonies are starting
e peonies are starting
e peonies are starting
e peonies are starting
  • All of my favorites! Just beautiful! Thanks for sharing. ☺

• Gorgeous! What a beautiful garden!😲 I've always wanted to grow Peonies but too afraid- I dont know a thing about them!

Heres a sample of mine:

• Jim L Jim L on May 26, 2017
    I LOVE peonies! Unfortunately here in Columbia, SC, it does not get cold enough in winter to make them bloom.

• Rob7453153 Rob7453153 on May 26, 2017
      Yes, I'm in Florida and I had to abandon thoughts of having peonies again. They may have liked the winter in Maryland, but I didn't!

• Linda Beckman Linda Beckman on May 26, 2017
    Beautiful flowers!

• Pat bucher Pat bucher on May 26, 2017
    My peonies are blooming also but when they bloom the ants come a running into the house anyone else have that problem my husband said they would I didn't believe him but he was right

• DORLIS DORLIS on May 26, 2017
    I am in north east Missouri and my peonies have already bloomed. The botanical garden I could not grow them from seed so I let them go to seed. I now have at least 50 peonies from white to dark pink, single and double. Size wise, they are from 3" to blooming size. Experts do not always know.

• MaryAnn B MaryAnn B on May 26, 2017
    Ants are draw to the peonies for the sugar. They don't hurt the flower. If you cut your flowers place them head down in a bucket of water. All the ants will jump ship and then you can bring them in the house.

• MaryAnn B MaryAnn B on May 26, 2017
    I don't think they do well in SC. Peonies love the pacific Northwest.

• Deanna Nassar Deanna Nassar on May 26, 2017
    They grow in Virginia and are ant magnets. Something I didn't know. I cut a couple and brought them in to brighten the living room. Passed b y table a few minutes and ants were everywhere. Sweet Peas are also ant magnets.

• MaryAnn B MaryAnn B on May 26, 2017
    Put the flower heads in a bucket with water, then bring them in.

• MaryAnn B MaryAnn B on May 26, 2017
    That's how they hybridize to make new cultivars. When the seed heads form they plant them. So seeds do grow, but I think slowly.