I need some tips on pinting a room

+2
mostly tips on doing the trim. getting straight lines between ceiling and wall. also next to the woodwork
  • Susan Savarese Susan Savarese on May 25, 2017
    Hi Betty!
    There are lots of things sold that will help you "cut in" but to be honest, a really good brush works well for me. I always thought no way, I won't be able to do it steady, but it's not difficult at all, I promise. The key for me was using a good brush.
    • Anna Anna on Jun 17, 2017
      Yes, a good brush is vital. An angled brush is best for doing trim, and when you are looking at brushes keep in mind that the ones that have fluffier tips will be the ones that hold the most paint.

• Jean Jean on May 26, 2017
    really, practice makes perfect. I find by the time I get to the end of the project I want to go back to where I started and just do a top coat in better form. All the practice is what makes a professional painter the pro he/she is.
  • Kim Kim on May 26, 2017
    Depending on room size, you should paint the ceiling the same color as the walls. This keeps the eye moving, not stopping at the top of the wall
  • C. D. Scallan C. D. Scallan on May 26, 2017
    If you want the ceiling and walls a different color or want an accent wall, trim, etc. and are worried about bleeding from the paint, invest in a cheap roll of blue painters tape. Tape along the ceiling line, baseboards , window trim. Remove light and outlet plates and tape around those . You can get a professional look without paying for a professional . Take your time and you’ll be fine .