Sassy Townhouse Living
Sassy Townhouse Living
  • East Stroudsburg, PA

How To Create Stunning Marble Dipped Vases With Nail Polish

I might be late to this trend, but boy, am I ever glad I hopped on it now! I’ve seen so many tutorials on how to create marble dipped vases with nail polish using everything from mugs to various home decor using this marble dipped technique, and I was itching to try it myself.
Aside from how stunning the vases look, it was so much fun to create. I felt like a kid again in my arts and crafts class. The effect is truly one of a kind and each piece is so uniquely beautiful that I can’t wait to do this project again on some other items in my home.
how to create stunning marble dipped vases with nail polish
When I post pictures, I try to make them as realistic as possible and try not to use staging too much so you can see just what you get and what to expect to see when it’s all said and done. 
All you need to do is grab some old – or new – nail polish, have a plastic container for dipping, some water, and some old vases, and you can transform them into high-end decor elements so easily
Expect messy hands and have the nail polish remover handy. It’s not a huge deal – clean up is a breeze. 
I experimented using three vases. Two were the same and one had a moderate design on it. All you need to do is fill up a container with some water and then drop the different polish colors in the center. Grab a toothpick, make some swirls and start dipping. Be sure to work fast as the polish will float to the bottom and you don’t want that.
Be sure to place them on a paper towel for drying and let them dry at least an hour before touching them. This is what they look like when they are drying.
Each vase has a unique design to it and that’s why it’s so much fun to create them. 
I wanted loud pops of color! And am thrilled with the results. 
I love them all and don’t have a favorite but I think the one below really grabbed my heart. 
You can pair them together or use them as part of a vignette – any way to look at them, they are truly beautiful! 
If you love my patina lamp be sure to check out my tutorial.I can’t wait to use this technique on some other home decor elements. I think I’ll try some mugs next time!

PLEASE stop by my blog for the rest of the list and all of the project details! I know you will find some inspiration for your projects too.
I'd love to see you there!
Also, subscribe to my newsletter for giveaways, updates, and much more! Subscribe Here! 
Thank you!
Carolann
Sassy Townhouse Living

Sassy Townhouse Living

• Smb

If you turn the vase upside down will the Polish streak?

• M. K. M.

Great question! Looking at the roundy vase, it does sorta look bumpy.

• Crickit615

How about using used OUI yogurt glasses. Would make cute votive candle holders.

• Roxanne Swisher

So, just to be clear, when you say start dipping are you talking about dipping the outer surface of the vase into the container and letting polish adhere to outer surface?