Do low temp and regular temp glue guns hold differently?

+2
  • I believe the glue works the same but low temp is for items that might melt with the higher temp glue (like plastics)
  • C. D. Scallan C. D. Scallan on May 25, 2017
    It is my understanding that regular temp guns have a stronger hold .
  • Judymgibbs Judymgibbs on May 25, 2017
    my experience has been the hotter temp held better.
  • Mary chandler Mary chandler on May 28, 2017
    I am always doing crafts of different kinds, and I have both guns, I find the hot glue gun is much stronger, just a bit harder to work with. The convenience of the cooler one makes it great for most jobs, but if you have something that really needs lasting strength, try the hot glue.
  • SLO SLO on May 28, 2017
    One thing you might want to concern yourself with is hot glue is affected by temperature and won't hold up in hot temperatures so what I like to do is use a white craft glue with hot glue. The white glue will take time to dry so i use the hot glue to hold my project together and I know after the white glue is dried my project is going to hold together for a long time. Please give it a try.