Making Plastic flowers hard

+3
Help!! A while back, someone posted on how to make plastic flowers hard. I hope whoever posted or that someone will remember the post.
  • C. D. Scallan C. D. Scallan on May 25, 2017
    I found this one about dipping silk flowers in plaster . I think it would work for you .
    http://www.hometalk.com/10029839/plaster-dipped-silk-flowers-coastal-arrangement
  • Cindy Cindy on May 25, 2017
    I think I saw the post you refer to. I believe you can dip the flowers into paint. Hang them upside down to dry. Good luck. From: Cindy
  • Rebecca Rebecca on May 25, 2017
    I did think there was painting involved but can't find the post. Hanging them upside down to dry sounds like something I could try. Thanks for responding.
  • C.B. C.B. on May 26, 2017
    IF i'm not mistaken...dipping the plastic flower briefly into hot water & hanging them up-side down to dry is the way to make them 'denser' due to the plastic being subjected to heat & then cooled makes the plastic shrink somewhat, thus making it denser/stiffer.