Cutting wide slat blinds and header

+3
We want to move existing blinds to a different window that is a bit smaller than the existing one. I am not sure how to go about cutting these down. i don't have the professional that they use at Home Depot. What can I do?
  • Bobbie Bobbie on May 25, 2017
    I tightly taped my blinds at the point that was to be trimmed. I used a fine tooth saw blade in my jigsaw. They will have a sharp edge to them afterwards that you can either file down or leave if you don't mind.
  • William William on May 26, 2017
    If you don't have a jig saw you can use a hacksaw and cut by hand.
  • Sue Sue on May 26, 2017
    Measure, tape with masking tape over the spot you want to cut (on both ends), mark on the tape where to cut, cut with whatever means you have. Preferably a fine toothed jigsaw. But a hacksaw would work.
  • Chubby58 Chubby58 on May 26, 2017
    Try taking them to Home Depot or Lowes. I bet they will cut them for you. I have taken some wood to them that i didn't purchase there and they were happy to cut it. It's worth a shot.
    • Susan Susan on May 28, 2017
      Lowes won't cut them unless they are Levelor, which they are not. I didn't ask Home Depot. I'll have to check with them.
  • Susan Susan on May 26, 2017
    Thanks. should I tape the whole stack (like they do at Home Depot). And will those saws cut through the metal.