How to keep mice out of my car

+6
My car is parked in the attached garage and all windows are closed but the mouse
still gets in. I have tried fabric sheets, moth balls and peppermint oil to no avail. I
even had an exterminator. I can smell a urine smell and am not sure from where.
I think it is gone, but the odor remains.
  • Cindy Cindy on May 25, 2017
    Try dog or human hair. Your local salon can give you all you need. Also make sure the car is clean. Even bags from fast food will attract them. Also if you drive this car at all lift the hood when you park it. This will end the dark warmth they desire. Good luck.
    • See 1 previous
    • Lee Brown Lee Brown on May 26, 2017
      Irish Spring Bars of Soap (Original Scent) are said to work wonders by some, & not at all by others. Try Peppermint oil: The smell is too strong for the little varmints. Some say they turn and run. Douse cotton balls with peppermint oil and place them around openings where you suspect mice are entering. Or, place trays of used kitty litter around the outside of the house where you think they could enter. The smell will send them back to their cabin in the woods. "Used" kitty litter............YUK!
  • Janora Hayes Janora Hayes on May 26, 2017
    We put traps (with peanut butter inside a few fast foo bags) All around the garage to catch before getting into the car.
  • Kim Garczynski Kim Garczynski on May 26, 2017
    We had the same problem. The mice went into the muffler and made a little home and doing so chewed up the wires. We now keep a bag of moth balls under the car and place a few bags in the garage. Haven't had a problem since.
  • Donald mcclane Donald mcclane on May 26, 2017
    Kim,
    This stuff really works and it doesn't kill them. It just makes them go away and they won't come back. http://www.earthkind.com/products/featured-fresh-cab-rodent-repellent
    Don
  • Judy Judy on May 26, 2017
    B - you sure have a diff. question, don't you? When you get home, and ready to close the garage door, I would put strips of a scented plant in the car, or in the garage. Above all, the strongest smell, is Mary Golds... I would have these in the garage, when you come home, and then rotate the pots, one from another and they love air, and being outside. I know this maybe extra work, for you, but I am sure this will solve the problem, ok? Let us know how you come out, and I will continue to think of more ideas, tho this is the best idea, for animals, and other pests. Plus this will give your garage a diff. scent too. Best wishes, Judy.
  • Jodi Murray Hendon Jodi Murray Hendon on May 27, 2017
    We buy rodent repellant called "Fresh Cab," which was designed by somebody with the same problem. They smell nice, but mice hate the smell. I put them in our garage and in outside closets where they cats don't go.
    Sorry--IPad won't let me edit--you can Google it or buy it on Amazon.