An inexpensive ideas to make patios?

• Hillela G. Hillela G. on May 27, 2017
    Cheapest: scrap concrete (off craigslist or wherever you find it). Other scrap material that works if you can find it includes granite countertop off-cuts (sink cut-outs are good) or scrap lumber, maybe from pallets (but lumber is slippery).
    2nd cheapest: plain concrete pavers from your local big-box store. For a few dollars each you can buy 12x12 or 24x24 if you can get someone to deliver or lift them for you. Don't know your zone but in my zone I put these on plain dirt, no base required, and you can lift and re-level them if the dirt settles.
  • Karen L. Thomas Karen L. Thomas on May 30, 2017
    We used broken cement piece and put it together like a jigsaw. You can usually find it free from people trying to get rid of it. Break it into manageable size pieces, lay a sand bed in your dug out walkway, place cement piece, sweep cement or mortar into cracks and spray with a mist hose until wet.
    Again check out YouTube videos.
    We used this for a backyard walkway and a side yard patio area.
  • Jacks Beta Jacks Beta on May 30, 2017
    I like this idea. You can make it a bigger area so you have more room for chairs or a dining table.