The best way to clean the bird bath and what to use?

+3
believe it is concrete but has some resin mixed it...not sure

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on May 26, 2017
    White vinegar and water.if need be add a little baking soda
  • James Ridler James Ridler on May 26, 2017
    Ours is a glazed porcelain so I can be a little harder on it than you will be able to. Possibly use a plastic brush like you would use to clean potatoes in the kitchen. For a small amount of abrasive you may try a little baking soda to clean the grit out of the bird bath. The resin could be damaged so be careful. They can really be a pain to keep clean! Make sure and rinse well with water.
  • Wen Wen on May 26, 2017
    pressure wash mine
  • B J  Alexis B J Alexis on May 26, 2017
    I gently use a wire brush on mine, while it is still damp. Doesn't seem to have damaged it. Make sure the brush is used only for cleaning the bird bath, wouldn't want to also use it for cleaning a BBQ grill.
  • Cori Widen Cori Widen on May 27, 2017
    A wire brush with baking soda and vinegar will do it!
  • Ginny Ginny on May 27, 2017
    I use Simple Green and a vinyl scrub brush from the Dollar Tree to get rid of the green slime that accumulates. I have had one cement birdbath which broke and now have a less expensive plastic one. Filled the bottom with sand to give it some weight when we have heavy winds. If you wash the bowl about once a week, you'll keep up with the green slime/dirt the grow/gathers in the water dish.