How much sun do succulents need?

+5
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on May 26, 2017
    For best results 6-8 hours a day.
  • C. D. Scallan C. D. Scallan on May 26, 2017
    The ones I have said full sun . They get it for the better part of the day and are fine . You can talk to the garden center where you purchased them .
  • Jacks Beta Jacks Beta on May 26, 2017
    Despite widespread belief, most succulents do not thrive if blasted with the hottest temps and the fullest sun exposure. While they appreciate a lot of light (and very few survive in full shade), most succulents need sun protection, especially if the temperature hits the 90-degree-mark, or if they’re small. Varieties that are solid green, pale, or variegated are most in danger of sun burn. If you are planning to blast your plants with the brightest sun possible, opt for plants that are red, gray, blue, or covered densely with spines (which help to reflect the sun’s rays).
    • Nana Vicki Cooley Nana Vicki Cooley on May 26, 2017
      I live in central Florida and we have a lot of sun and high heat! Plants that say full sun can't take the sun and heat. Thanks for such good information!
  • Jacks Beta Jacks Beta on May 26, 2017
    I've planted so many plants that say full sun and they die within a week. The Florida sun is no joke.
  • It all depends upon where you live and how intense the sun is. Heat and humidity do make a difference. I have a lot of succulents, and they would die in the sun here, just far too hot and sun too intense, so I have placed in an area that they like, get morning sun and dappled late afternoon sun and grow like weeds. I suggest moving them around till you find a spot that they like, then just leave them alone. Then bring out on a coffee table, patio table, etc. for display purposes when staging for parties and events, then put back where they are happy.
  • Brenda Brenda on May 26, 2017
    The need full sun