Can you paint vinyl tile?

+2
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on May 26, 2017
    Where is the tile?
  • Kathlean Powell Kathlean Powell on May 27, 2017
    In my basement.
  • Pri23297985 Pri23297985 on May 27, 2017
    There is a paint for everything, ask them at your paint store they can point you to the right paint.
  • Genie Genie on May 27, 2017
    There is a paint called "porch and floor", I believe. Orchard Supply Hardware carried it when I used it; I think they are owned by Sears, so you could check there too. I bought a real fixer-upper that had the vinyl on a roll with texture. The previous owner had just used Mop & Glow over the dirt & all. Too many things to fix before I could get to remodeling the bathroom, so I painted it. It stood up real well; I had to touch up the spot right in front of the toilet only once. I used a primer first; I believe it was Kilz 1 2 3, but the person in the paint department could advise you. I was very happy with the result. It lasted for four years until I remodeled the bathroom (after repiping the house first).
  • Cori Widen Cori Widen on May 27, 2017
    Yes you can! Bring a photo of what you have into Home Depot and they can help you make the match!