Kathleen
Kathleen
  • Westerville, OH

Experimenting With Chalk Paint and Stain

I painted a small wooden box with Annie Sloan Olive Chalk Paint and followed with stain instead of dark wax to age it. The stain didn't effect the paint finish at all. Instead it gave it a lovely rustic finish I am in love with! I now have a great looking place to hold my sample boards!
experimenting with chalk paint and stain, chalk paint, painting, repurposing upcycling

To see more: http://decoramore.blogspot.com/2014/01/experimenting-with-chalk-paint-and-stain.html

• Jane H

@V Valencia Now I really don't understand...what is chalk paint? I've never heard of it. Thanks

• V Valencia

@Jane H Annie Sloan Chalk Paint is a brand of "chalk paint" that has become very popular among furniture painters and crafters. You are only able to get this at specialty stores or online. To get the full effect, you also need to use the Annie Sloane Waxes and they recommend the special application brushes too. So, as you can imagine it gets pretty pricey particular if you have a small project. I have not seen another brand. However, there are recipes on the internet to make your own chalk paint. I made my own chalk paint with the one of these recipes. I've attached recipes I got off the internet probably Hometalk ;)

• Linda @ Mixed Kreations

Your box turned out really nice. Love that color. I love the Anne Sloan chalk paint but it is expensive. Here recently I painted a little table that I picked up with it but instead of the dark wax I used a wash of watered down brown acrylic paint. And I love how it turned out.