Garage door windows........

KarenKim BlevinsJoshua Williams
+28

What is a tasteful and good looking way to cover up garage door windows? So if someone looks in there they can't see what's in there? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
  • I would just paint them on the inside. A color that coordinates with the exterior of your home. Some people have just taped fabric or paper over the windows from the inside.
  • Mariann McWhinney

You can wet packing bubble wrap and press it on the window. 1st cut one piece the size of the window( if a double hung window) 2 pieces. It will stay stuck to the window even after it dries. The light can come in but you can't see through it.
  • Pat Ruge

There is a glass paint that you can use and it looks like the windows you might find in a bathroom - kind of opaque. You might like this because it would still allow the light to enter the garage. If you completely block out the light, you might not like that. Another option, would be to use clear contact paper. You might not completely block someone looking in, but they would really have to put their nose to the glass to do so. I think I prefer option #1 myself. This paint is sold in the arts and crafts store as "gallery glass" paint. Also it can be removed later on if you change your mind or if the new owners would want to.

Want to see what it looks like? Right here on Hometalk, an excellent example:

• Kelly M Cathey

I bought a cheap lacy tablecloth, cut pieces to fit the windows and used modge podge to adhere to the inside of the windows. Not only did it provide privacy, it was pretty from the outside and did not cause any problem with the function of the garage door.
  • Judy

My husband covers them up with cardboard. . some folks use a Frosted Contact Paper, so NO ONE can see in. These are just some ideas, ok? Best wishes, Judy.
  • Pat Ruge

Sorry, she said she ordered the 8 oz size on Amazon for around $20 (I see it on Amazon for $6.70). It appears the crafts store sells the 2 oz size for around $3.50
  • Lisa

Amazon sells some stuff an a variety of colors and patterns think it might be called rabbit. Some you can see through, some totally blocks vision. It is like contact paper without the glue mess. You cut to size, wet glass., peel off backing, apply to glass. I squeezed out air bubbles with my car window snow scraper. They have stained glass patterns, plain white, and everything in between. I put some on a bathroom window and it has been hanging 4 months and still looks great! Menard sells it too, but not near the selection Amazon has. They call it something else. It is by the window blinds.
  • Chubby58

I put a thick coat of white gallery glass on my side windows at my front door. Works really well and makes everything inside look distorted. Just dab it on thick with sponge brush, then tap your fingers on it all around the window. I believe you need to let it dry at least 12-24 hrs..
  • Laurel Lucas

For under $10, you can put up inexpensive mini blinds and then that wi Dow is cohesive with the rest of your home
  • Chicabunny

there is a film that can be dark grey or whie it's made by gila films great selection and great look
  • Brenda

I have used tension rods and bought cheap sheers that I can take down and wash when necessary
  • Amyb

Vinyl blinds. Cheap but look like wood!
  • C2i16033439

We painted lattice and secured it to the window In the garage. Looks great from the outside. It gave it character then placed a window box underneath or a decorative picket fence section.
  • Patricia

we covered our garage windows with a tinted film that is easy to apply and looks like tinted windows in a car-- you can see out but no one can see in.
  • Stacie

Try a glass frosting kit or you could always use a frosted contact paper.
  • Nikki Washington

Paper blinds cut to size.
  • Joshua Williams

You can buy a kit at any big box home improvement store that you can easily apply yourself to frost your glass. You could also use window tint.
  • Kim Blevins

You can buy spray paint that makes the glass look frosted. You'll have light & privacy as well
  • Karen

Paint them on the inside.