$6 Dollar Tree Craft: DIY Farmhouse Style Vase Holder

$6

Looking for a way to display flowers? You can make this simple but elegant DIY wooden farmhouse style vase holder for $6 using milk bottle vases from the Dollar Tree and a 1 x 4" from the home improvement store. A quick video tutorial is included on my blog to help guide you through this easy-to-do project using basic tools. To see the full tutorial, with all the details and the exact products used in the project, click over to my blog post here: http://www.simplicityinthesouth.com/2017/05/farmhouse-style-diy-flower-vase-holder-using-dollar-tree-milk-bottles.html

I started off with 3 of these cute vintage-inspired glass milk bottles from the Dollar Tree.

30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Tricia @ Simplicity In The South

• Cla22104047

How did you fit the tops of the milk bottles through the round holes you cut for them? The rim at the top of the milk bottles have a thicker, or wider lip then the the neck of the bottles that indent right beneath it?
    It looks like a a snug fit in your image.
    • Susan

You can use the bottles from Starbuck Coffee too!!

• Jen

my question is how do you remove the bottles for cleaning? Great project. Loved it!
    • Amethystaa

I had something similar, but the wood was stained, not painted. Yes, I agree an exterior paint would help the wood, as mine got ruined changing out the water. These are sort of a pain in the butt to be honest. Hard to clean. But cute!

• Carolyn Novak

What size do you cut the wood box?

• Susan

Carolyn, it looks like that would be your choice. I'd say, measure your bottles across, then, add about an 1/2 in on either side of them. So, with my bottles I have, I'd cut my long pieces in the 10 inch range and the sides about 5 1/2 inches tall. Here again, measure your bottle!!!

I am going to be using bottles from Starbuck coffees. The ones that come in the 4 packs are smaller than the single ones...I'm going to make one of each size of bottle