$6 Dollar Tree Craft: DIY Farmhouse Style Vase Holder

$6

Looking for a way to display flowers? You can make this simple but elegant DIY wooden farmhouse style vase holder for $6 using milk bottle vases from the Dollar Tree and a 1 x 4" from the home improvement store. A quick video tutorial is included on my blog to help guide you through this easy-to-do project using basic tools. To see the full tutorial, with all the details and the exact products used in the project, click over to my blog post here: http://www.simplicityinthesouth.com/2017/05/farmhouse-style-diy-flower-vase-holder-using-dollar-tree-milk-bottles.html

I started off with 3 of these cute vintage-inspired glass milk bottles from the Dollar Tree.

Tricia @ Simplicity In The South

• Cla22104047

How did you fit the tops of the milk bottles through the round holes you cut for them? The rim at the top of the milk bottles have a thicker, or wider lip then the the neck of the bottles that indent right beneath it?
    It looks like a a snug fit in your image.
    • Susan

You can use the bottles from Starbuck Coffee too!!

• Jen

my question is how do you remove the bottles for cleaning? Great project. Loved it!
    • Amethystaa

I had something similar, but the wood was stained, not painted. Yes, I agree an exterior paint would help the wood, as mine got ruined changing out the water. These are sort of a pain in the butt to be honest. Hard to clean. But cute!

• Carolyn Novak

What size do you cut the wood box?

• Susan

Carolyn, it looks like that would be your choice. I'd say, measure your bottles across, then, add about an 1/2 in on either side of them. So, with my bottles I have, I'd cut my long pieces in the 10 inch range and the sides about 5 1/2 inches tall. Here again, measure your bottle!!!

I am going to be using bottles from Starbuck coffees. The ones that come in the 4 packs are smaller than the single ones...I'm going to make one of each size of bottle