$6 Dollar Tree Craft: DIY Farmhouse Style Vase Holder

$6

Looking for a way to display flowers? You can make this simple but elegant DIY wooden farmhouse style vase holder for $6 using milk bottle vases from the Dollar Tree and a 1 x 4" from the home improvement store. A quick video tutorial is included on my blog to help guide you through this easy-to-do project using basic tools. To see the full tutorial, with all the details and the exact products used in the project, click over to my blog post here: http://www.simplicityinthesouth.com/2017/05/farmhouse-style-diy-flower-vase-holder-using-dollar-tree-milk-bottles.html

I started off with 3 of these cute vintage-inspired glass milk bottles from the Dollar Tree.

3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
Tricia @ Simplicity In The South

• Cla22104047
    Cla22104047

How did you fit the tops of the milk bottles through the round holes you cut for them? The rim at the top of the milk bottles have a thicker, or wider lip then the the neck of the bottles that indent right beneath it?
    It looks like a a snug fit in your image.
    • Susan
      Susan

You can use the bottles from Starbuck Coffee too!!

• Jen
    Jen

my question is how do you remove the bottles for cleaning? Great project. Loved it!
    • Amethystaa
      Amethystaa

I had something similar, but the wood was stained, not painted. Yes, I agree an exterior paint would help the wood, as mine got ruined changing out the water. These are sort of a pain in the butt to be honest. Hard to clean. But cute!

• Carolyn Novak
    Carolyn Novak

What size do you cut the wood box?

• Susan
      Susan

Carolyn, it looks like that would be your choice. I'd say, measure your bottles across, then, add about an 1/2 in on either side of them. So, with my bottles I have, I'd cut my long pieces in the 10 inch range and the sides about 5 1/2 inches tall. Here again, measure your bottle!!!

I am going to be using bottles from Starbuck coffees. The ones that come in the 4 packs are smaller than the single ones...I'm going to make one of each size of bottle