Keeping Rooms Warm With Portieres #lowerheatingbill #energysavings

$20
UPDATE: This has been in use for about a year and YES it has definitely helped with lowering our heating bill!! I hope you give it a try!
After seeing my electric usage for this past month, I decided it was time to revive the use of portieres in our family room. The doorways in this room lead to the foyer which has an open ceiling to the second floor. We were losing so much of our heat to the upstairs. That's when I decided I needed to block off those doorways in an attractive way...the portiere! It has helped tremendously and we'll see what next month's electric bill shows.
This is the curtain looking from the den into our open foyer. When I want it out of the way, I use a tieback.
This is the foyer side where the upstairs cold air travels down to our main floor. The portiere curtain has helped tremendously with keeping the den warm and the colder air in the foyer. Find more info on the curtain on my website!
Angie Forte

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 8 comments
Next