Anne Thompson
Anne Thompson
  • Ft Mitchell, KY

A Beautiful Bridal Shower, DIY Style

When my youngest sister found the love of her life, I wanted to shout it from the rooftops, how happy I was for her. Instead, I threw her a shower, filled with DIY decor made just for her, hometown favors to remind her of her fiancee, and most of all, LOVE.
A fall shower meant seasonal decor out on the front porch, dolled up for the occasion, and a chalkboard with a special message.
My sis, in white of course.
My sis, in white of course.
The bride's and groom's initials hung on the front door.
My own champagne flutes, tied with inexpensive tulle, dressed the mantel.
A crystal cross, one of my own wedding gifts, some more tulle, and the invitation to her bachelorette party also decorated the mantel.
One of their favorite pictures found a home in a new frame, with a hand-painted message.
I sourced apple butter from an orchard in the groom's hometown, and decanted it the day before into favor-sized jars.
The jars made for easy vases to hold flowers that day.
I ordered small jars, and personalized label stickers online for the favors.
I used her color, teal, throughout the house, and it was super easy. I collected items from the thrift store and gave them a coat of spray paint to unify them.
A vase that served as shower decor, and went home with the bride as a gift she'll be able to use again and again.
I personalized a charger from the thrift store with their names, wedding date, and location.
Close up of the chalkboard sign. I came up with the saying :-)
A Just Married sign that has been passed down through the family served as an easy centerpiece.
It was a very special day for a very very special sister!
Anne Thompson

• Carla

This is so beautiful........clearly done from the heart and wonderful ideas!