Get Rid of the 70s! Updating Plexiglass Cabinet Fronts: FULL TUTORIAL

+10
I flip houses (and blog about at www.bachelorettepadflip.com), and my most recent flip had great solid wood cabinets...but was cursed with broken, Harvest Gold plexiglass cabinet fronts. So I got creative and made updated them with materials from the hardware aisle at Lowe's!
e get rid of the 70s updating plexiglass cabinet fronts full tutorial
  • William William on May 30, 2017
    Actually they were polystyrene. They were the "in" thing back in the 70's. But they were UUUGLY! Your transformation is great! No more fake jewel tone plastic.

• Becky Partain Becky Partain on May 31, 2017
    Beautiful. You did a wonderful job

• Judy Judy on May 31, 2017
    This is lovely. Reguardless, of the year it was popular, it will return. This is lovely.

• See 1 previous
    • Judy Judy on Jun 01, 2017
      JUST THINK OF THE GEMS IN THE ATTIC WHICH ARE SOLD FOR JUNK.. AND VERY SOON, THEY ARE BACK IN THE "IN STYLE" AND THE OWNER IS SO SORRY THAT HE SOLD, OR PITCHED THAT GEM. MANY OF US, SEE THIS OVER AND OVER. WE MUST BE WISE. HAVE A GREAT EVENING, JUDY.

• Love the new look! Wish your Lowes would teach mine the art of customer service . . . Great job and thanks for sharing. ☺

• See 1 previous
    • Find out her schedule and visit her often and say hi to her even if you need no help. Also let management know what a gem she is. Sometimes they can offer you deals on stuff not available to the general public. I scored an $1,800 front door for $100, a stove with a couple scratches on the side that no one will ever see once installed between 2 base cabinets for $200 and full warranty - used on flip and rental properties. As long as the item is completely functional, a great way to keep costs down.

• Anna Ibarra Anna Ibarra on May 31, 2017
    This came out so great. Love it. I found some on clearance and grab them as I figured I might figure something to use them.
    However, went to your site, and I couldn't find how you attached them to your cabinet doors??

• Teresa Teresa on Jun 01, 2017
    You only said you used silicone but I have a thin trim of wood. There was no video or picture showing the back of the cabinet doors. I am afraid that the trim on my cabinets will break when I try to remove them. I hope to replace with vintage glass or metal mesh but will maybe need to replace the trim as well--Guess I will face that when I make the jump!! LOL

• Silicone is all I did! Worked great. The trim around the door fronts was very thin wood and a staple gun was splitting the wood, so I just used silicone and it has kept them held in solidly!

• Teresa Teresa on Jun 01, 2017
    Great--will go with that and not worry about trying to save the wood.