Lisa
Lisa
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Chandler, AZ

Repurposed Barn Wood - Meat and Cheese Serving Tray for Entertaining

$25.00

I love repurposing items and the barn wood I brought many years ago to Arizona, from my childhood home in Colorado, is no exception. Take a look how I use it as a meat and cheese board for entertaining.

Not only am I sharing some photos of how I set up the meat and cheese board but also how I’ve used the board for centerpieces. I

I hope you enjoy this project and it inspires you to repurpose items in your
Repurposed Barn Wood - Perfect for entertaining
repurposed barn wood meat and cheese serving tray for entertaining
My kitchen island is the perfect place to set up meats and cheeses on the barn wood for my guests.
First, I lay down some paper place mats or craft paper so the food doesn’t touch the wood. Then I start layering.
These are the papers I use to protect the food from touching the barn wood. I found these at a craft boutique but I've since seen them on Amazon.
I also use craft paper to line the wood. Whatever paper I have on hand!
Meats, cheeses and crackers. This set up is all about keeping things simple and easy, so one of the ways I keep it simple is by shopping Sam’s Club for a multi pack of meats.
I also add some jams and jellies in there too. I have some small wood containers for olives and even a mini cheese board. They’re no rules and the fun part is layering the wooden pieces to make it all visually attractive.
I don’t have a certain order that I place them in, I just started adding the meats here and there and it all works out since the food is as natural as possible without the fuss.
Rustic and Simple. I added spinach leaves to add some greenery to the board.
I also use the same piece of barn wood as the base for a rustic centerpiece for my kitchen island. You can see that on my channel beautiful display on my channel.

I’ve also used the same piece of barn wood to display a rustic Christmas/winter themed centerpiece. I purchased the adorable reindeer at Pottery Barn and all of the little trees came from Goodwill. I picked those trees up all year round because they are simple to decorate when winter comes around.
So many uses for one piece of wood! Simple and rustic.

• Barn Wood  (Old Barn in Colorado)
  • Flowers  (Safeway)
Lisa

• Suzanne

Did you sand or stain the arn wood?

• Suzanne

Thanks so much. Planning on making one this weekend!

• Cindy Steffen-Fenske

Beautiful- Everything is simply Beautifu!
    My question is actually about your backsplash. Is it tile? Painted? I can't tell. It almost looks likes ducks or loons on the bottom. It's just lovely.
    I'm redoing my backsplash and I like yours so much more than what "my plan" will look like🙀 Would you mind sharing???

• Lisa

Hi Cindy,
      Thank you for leaving the nice comment. Also, I don’t mind answering questions about my decor, I’m an open book. :) The backsplash is tile and it’s small black and white squares, it’s bordered by some scroll work that might just look like ducks or loon from afar. ha I love the black and white theme because it really does go with anything I place around it or in the kitchen since it’s black and white. It’s also a classic! Thanks again for the comment. Take care, Lisa. The Goodwill Gal.

P.S. You can take a tour and see more of my kitchen here: https://youtu.be/5HMr7sd0JBg