Laci Jane DIY
Laci Jane DIY
  • Indianapolis, IN

Turn GLASS Into MIRRORS!

I'm going to show you guys how to turn real glass into a MIRROR.
You are going to need real glass. It can be from a window, coffee table, whatever. Just make sure it's real glass. This will not work on acrylic glass (sorry, I tried it so you don't have to)

turn glass into mirrors
I used two glass pieces from a coffee table. You can find my full tutorial on the coffee table makeover on my YouTube channel .
turn glass into mirrors
Apply the spray paint generously. I don't follow the rules with regular spray paint. I applied it thick and I didn't move onto the next section until I could start to see my reflection.
turn glass into mirrors
OMG! I can see myself!
turn glass into mirrors
The side that you spray paint will look a bit foggy, but still reflective.
turn glass into mirrors
Pick up your mirror and look at the reverse side You have a perfectly clear mirror.
turn glass into mirrors
Watch my YouTube video to see the whole video in action! And make sure to subscribe to me on YouTube for Free DIY Videos!

• Mirror Effect Spray Paint  (http://amzn.to/1INyBEd)
  • Glass  (Anywhere)

Laci Jane DIY

• Cynthia Cullen

Do you know if this product will work on an existing mirror that has lost the silvering from it's edges?
  • Dpbeee2

Will this mirror spray paint work on wood, or does it have to be a transparent substance? Great results by the way. Thank you.
    • Dpbeee2

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Great idea that Im going to try on an old window I have. You inspired!
  • Beda Hobbs

I wonder if I can fix a vintage mirror with this? My mother had a dresser mirror from about 1926 that I now have after her passing. The body had been brush painted with a vanilla ice cream color. I had it sand blasted and spray painted a bronze color. The mirror isn't broken but in bad shape. I tried to have it replaced, it's approximately 6 x 9 inch oval. I was told they couldn't bevel a new mirror because it was too thin. I've left it on my dresser without a mirror looking for an answer. Maybe this is it. It would mean so much so use the same mirror.

• Danielle Whatsittoyou

I would be very careful, if the original mirror was from 1926, it would be a lead mirror. Trying to put this on it may ruin your mom's mirror. Maybe someone that does antique restoration might be able to tell you for sure.

• Debbie Brenner-Deline

cool idea, thanks!
  • Sarge

I have a (spare) coffee table top that i've been holding hostage in my basement trying to figure out what to use it for! This would work well for my spare bedroom!! Thanks for the idea.