No Sew Pillow (With Zippers!)

I’ve decided to round off my no sew kick with one of the easiest no sew projects ever- no sew pillows! This is one of the best projects to try if you are wanting to venture into no-sew land. While it took me 30 minutes per pillow, most can do it in a lot less time (darn Type A and making sure everything was perfectly even and matched).
This is pretty straight-forward but if I have left anything out or you don’t understand anything please, please, please let me know and I will try to explain better.
Now, let’s get to it…
What You Will Need
Fabric – For 16 inch pillows, you will need 1/2 yard per pillow. For 18 inch pillows, you will need 3/4 yard per pillow. Note: If you are trying to match a pattern perfectly on both sides you will need to add at least 1/4 yard to each of the previous measurements.
Iron
Fabri-Tac
Hem Tape
Scissors
Zippers – I prefer invisible zippers but they didn’t have the size I need. If you are doing 16 inch pillows, get a 14 inch zipper. If you are doing 18 inch pillows get a 16 inch zipper.
For a complete tutorial that includes helpful tips and over 30 step-by-step photos, visit http://www.therozyhome.com/2014/01/18/no-sew-pillows/
no sew pillow with zippers, crafts, reupholster
Step 1: Decide where you want your pattern to lay.
Step 2: Turn the fabric pack over and press your crease.
Step 3: Cut the fabric along the crease.
Step 4: Lay the cut fabric on top of each other edge to edge.  There is more detail on this step at www.therozyhome.com.
Step 4: Lay the cut fabric on top of each other edge to edge. There is more detail on this step at www.therozyhome.com.
Step 5: Mark the fabric in three spots. Draw a line connecting the three spots. Cut the fabric along the line.  Repeat for top to bottom.
Step 5: Mark the fabric in three spots. Draw a line connecting the three spots. Cut the fabric along the line. Repeat for top to bottom.
Step 6: Pin all corners together.
Step 6: Pin all corners together.
Step 7: Fold edges in one inch and press.
Step 8: Place Fabric Tac along the edges of the zipper.
Step 9: Press the fabric onto the zipper. Repeat on other side.
Step 10:  Fold the edge/corner of the fabric into a triangle.
Step 10: Fold the edge/corner of the fabric into a triangle.
Step 11: Place a piece of hem tape behind the triangle (between the corner and the fabric). More on why you should do this at www.therozyhome.com.
Step 12: Press the corners.
Step 12: Press the corners.
Step 13: Place hem tape between fabric pieces and press.
That's it!
That's it!
The final product!
The final product!
The final product.
The final product.
Visit www.therozyhome.com to see why this happened.
The Rozy Home