Old Deck Railing For Garden Storage

$0

We replaced our old deck and railings. Most of the railings were in bad shape. We picked 2 sets out that were in fair shape, and put aside. Hmmmmmm? Because I spend a lot of time out side in the garden, Tool storage came to mind!.
The railing was cleaned and prep for painting.
This was left over paint from another project. There is plenty left for this project. Because this is outdoors, this exterior paint is perfect!
The railing was the painted 2 coats, dry.
We had extra wood that I would make a added detail (sign).
I choose to paint it pink. It will be used on the back of my crafting /garden cottage which is a theme color throughout.
We pre drilled holes and added hooks sturdy for tools. The railing was placed on the back of my cottage building. This is a great space saver, and very accessible for me in the garden.
This is a great use of recycle and reclaimed pieces that give a second life and also become a functional piece .

• Old wood railing, scrape wood, paint  (on hand)
  • Hooks  (lowes)

3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
Ana illausky

• Cou23623795

Very good but.......now your tools are out in the weather......not good for wooden handles.....you have a cover in which to keep the weather off?

• Jewellmartin

i have a pallet that is in the back yard. Hubby says I have to do something with it because it will attract termites, and he is right. All along I have planned to use it inside the garage where the long-handled tools are. Now I'm afraid I'll bring termites into the garage, whose walls are painted wood on the inside. Can anybody advise me? Best wishes 😇
  • Lovesunique

Great idea and sturdy. I've left tools outside unintentionally so not worried about hanging on an outside wall. Besides if you know a rain storm is coming you can always hang a tarp across the rail. Wish I had a garden shed...I am waiting patiently for my husband to build mine.  Your sign is quite pretty and very country chic.