Cool Card Catalog Upcycle!!

2 materials
$120
1 Week

Hubby grabbed this index catalog cabinet at the local flea for $60.09! I was a little taken back...the veneer was peeling and a lot of wear. (Sorry no before pics...). But I cam home and he had already replaced veneer and filled in spots and had made his own yellow chalk paint from an oops can from Home Depot! It was bright to say the least! I got to work with AS clear and dark wax and the transformation was better than I had imagined! I loved it! I kept the hardware plain because I wasn't sure what or how to change the metal...but here is finished piece with some during the process.

best looking dewey decimal system ever, chalk paint, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, Finished and funky
Finished and funky!
best looking dewey decimal system ever, chalk paint, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, Should I do something with the handles
Should I do something with the handles?
best looking dewey decimal system ever, chalk paint, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, Proud of myself how I for the shade pretty close while pieces were apart
Proud of myself how I for the shade pretty close while pieces were apart!

• Chalk paint   (Home Depot oops paint)
  • Annie Sloan waxes   (Www.refinedvintage.com)

Questions on this post

Your question...
  1 question

Comments

2 of 61 comments
Next