Karen Rossman Clark
Karen Rossman Clark
  • Brookings, OR

Remodeling Our 1970's Bathroom

When we pruchased our home over 20 years ago, we knew the bathroom was ugly. It worked, so it took us forever to get the job done. I finally hired someone to help my husband with the work. Nothing like putting fire under his rear end! Love the result. We even put in a heated floor my old toes to enjoy.
We found a deal on the cherry vanity that suited our casual rustic style which was a sample made by a local cabinet maker.  the mirror was found at a garage sale and the lights came from Habitat for Humanity.
We found a deal on the cherry vanity that suited our casual rustic style which was a sample made by a local cabinet maker. the mirror was found at a garage sale and the lights came from Habitat for Humanity.
This is the old doorway to our bedroom that really wasn't needed.  Love the extra storage!
This is the old doorway to our bedroom that really wasn't needed. Love the extra storage!
This was a bathtub area.  We never took a bath so for our old selves a shower made more sense.  Everything was planned to help us use the new bathroom even when we are 90 or more.
This was a bathtub area. We never took a bath so for our old selves a shower made more sense. Everything was planned to help us use the new bathroom even when we are 90 or more.
My husband is a bathroom reader.  He always had a pile of books on the floor.  Now, there are shelves to hold the books, dog towels and even toilet paper plus more.
My husband is a bathroom reader. He always had a pile of books on the floor. Now, there are shelves to hold the books, dog towels and even toilet paper plus more.
Before and after of the vanity area
Before and after of the vanity area
Before and after of one side.
Before and after of one side.

• Sandy

What are the dimensions of your shower? And how deep is the bench? You're bathroom looks great!

• Jan

I love the storage---you managed to use every square inch---places for everything---great job!!!

• Suzanne Crowther

love this it is stunning we have under floor heating my hubby put it in both bathrooms when we finished the build off on our home I should post pics I must say the warm floor is awesome hope you have many years to enjoy your bathroom