The Simple Cure for Drafty Windows!

$280

We finished our attic space as my home office, and the window above my desk faces due west.

Since I live in Alabama, the summertime heat from this window was becoming unbearable. It was HOT in this room even though we took extra precautions and added foam insulation.

We installed anIndow window insert and immediately the temps started dropping. The shade-grade window insert filters out 90% of the UV-light and made SUCH a huge difference in my heat gain up in this attic space. It's like a pair of sunglasses for my window.

The standard inserts block out heat and cold drafts. They also make privacy inserts and acoustical window inserts to block noise.

I am blown away by how much this shade-grade window insert helps with the temperature at my desk.

The average cost of the window insert is $24 per square foot for the standard grade.

Check out the before and after of my office space with this window insert...
the simple cure for drafty windows
Before this window insert the temperature is 91 degrees at my desk.
After the shaded Indow window insert it's 75 degrees!

That is a 16 degree difference!
the simple cure for drafty windows
The insert was super easy to install- it's made of lightweight acrylic with a special rubber tubing around the edges to prevent drafts and air leaks. We just pushed the insert into the sill and adjusted the tubing a bit and it was installed.
the simple cure for drafty windows
There are D-rings for easy release of the window insert if you need to remove it.
the simple cure for drafty windows
The Standard window insert is totally transparent. Can you even tell it's there?
the simple cure for drafty windows
My attic-turned-office is a nice cool place to work now!
Beth at Unskinny Boppy