The Simple Cure for Drafty Windows!

$280

We finished our attic space as my home office, and the window above my desk faces due west.

Since I live in Alabama, the summertime heat from this window was becoming unbearable. It was HOT in this room even though we took extra precautions and added foam insulation.

We installed anIndow window insert and immediately the temps started dropping. The shade-grade window insert filters out 90% of the UV-light
the simple cure for drafty windows
Before this window insert the temperature is 91 degrees at my desk.
After the shaded Indow window insert it's 75 degrees!

That is a 16 degree difference!
the simple cure for drafty windows
The insert was super easy to install- it's made of lightweight acrylic with a special rubber tubing around the edges to prevent drafts and air leaks. We just pushed the insert into the sill and adjusted the tubing a bit and it was installed.
the simple cure for drafty windows
There are D-rings for easy release of the window insert if you need to remove it.
the simple cure for drafty windows
The Standard window insert is totally transparent. Can you even tell it's there?
the simple cure for drafty windows
My attic-turned-office is a nice cool place to work now!
Beth at Unskinny Boppy

• Ronald Fox

Loved the window idea. Much better than replacing all your windows. Can you give me an idea roughly how much you had to pay for your particular window insert? Thank you for sharing.

• Lori Rouch

Where did you find the inserts? I live in an house and the windows are very drafty. I need something to stop the draft . Help

• Lisa West

1. Your home office is FABULOUS! IM SO JEALOUS LOL! the window insert where would I or any purchase these, home depot, lowes? I could use this in my kitchen and bathroom. We moved into a 4 unit apartment building. I do love it. Its cute and has a vintage country vibe. Any way because it is old the back wall where my kitchen and bathroom are has very little insulation. The kitchen feels like there is cold air barreling in daily. We did find larger holes in the floor under the stove. The only reason we found it is my cats have been hunting mice. Lol it very funny to. The line up in a semi circle in front of the stove at night I feel bad for the mouse. He/she must move. Any way we plugged the hole and I also stuck children size body pillow aroun the little bit water heater which is on the same wall. The windows are brand new. Still thought they feel as if the north winds just come right through. Now that you know my over eagerness to share. Lol you can send me that info to my email swellerl@yahoo.com or firegoddedd1971@gmail.com. the sweller email is a lower case L after sweller. Some people think it's an I or a one. Thank you for sharing this money saving tip