Asked on Jun 5, 2017

How can I get rid of little green frog?

MeighkeeDoris VickersCJ
+5

What a mess
  • Laura
    Laura

I'm no help. Mine lived in the hollow handle of my watering can all winter and I wound up buying another watering can! He was still there in the spring so I waltzed him Into the Woods and haven't seen him since. I also keep my watering can inside now...
  • Jan's Garden Art
    Jan's Garden Art

Why would you want to get rid of one of nature's pest control experts?
  • Doris Vickers
    Doris Vickers

It's not that I don't like the frogs but it is a mess cleaning up every day. Right at my front door and under the carport.
  • CJ
    CJ

Do you have a light that stays on all night at your door? If you do, the light attracts insects and that would the reason the frog stays there. We had a tree frog that lived on our light sensored porch light for several weeks, last year. This year a Phoebe claimed the light for her nest. Maybe the gardeners critter deterrent of shredded Irish Spring soap sprinkled around your door would encourage Froggie to relocate.
  • Doris Vickers
    Doris Vickers

Don't want to kill frogs, just want them to go somewhere else. My front door looks awful every day. I am nearly 88 yrs. so this is a mess to clean everyday.
  • Doris Vickers
    Doris Vickers

Don't want to kill the little critters just to stay away from my front porch and carport
  • Meighkee
    Meighkee

Ms. Vickers, did you ever get an answer to your original question? Got a lot of comments I see, none of which address your concerns and those that feel we're trying to rid ourselves of a natural pesticide, think again. The 'frog apples', or 'toadstools', as some refer to them, which accumulate all over the front door, and porch is not only an eyesore, but a health concern. There must be a way to re-direct the little guys to someplace else. They're fun to look at, from a distance. Let me know. Thanks, meighkee@gmail.com.