Thank you for all your help!

+12
To all of you who answered my request for help removing wallpaper - Thank You. I did try your recommendations but for the first time I had to resort to renting a steamer. It was a two day, two person job to remove the paper. I appreciate all of your advice.

Have a nice day.

Denise
  • Hillela G. Hillela G. on Jun 05, 2017
    I'm so glad it worked out! thank you for keeping us posted!

• Kim Doherty Kim Doherty on Jun 05, 2017
    Missed all the answers but vinegar and water took off two and three layers of paper that was really stuck on and it was from the 60's and 70's!!

• Leah Deverett Leah Deverett on Jun 06, 2017
    Thanks for sharing, Denise!

• Shoshana Shoshana on Jun 06, 2017
    I love a successful DIY story

• Nicole P Nicole P on Jun 19, 2017
    Awesome ๐Ÿ‘

• Glad it worked out! Now you can make your space pretty again. ๐Ÿ˜

• Zayra Reasor Zayra Reasor on Jun 19, 2017
    I'm glad everything worked out!! Let us know if you need more home DIY advice

• Mir Graham Mir Graham on Jun 19, 2017
    Im sorry there wasn't an 'easier' way, but congrats on getting it all down. If you took pics along the way, it would be a super great post to show people how a steamer shouldn't be as intimidating as it sounds, and how it gets the job done when other alternatives aren't possible.
    Thank you so much for letting us try to help

• Denise Asher Denise Asher on Jun 20, 2017
      Unfortunately, we did not take any pictures while we were using the steamer to remove the wallpaper. We rented the steamer from Taylor rental. The steamer used on the wall is about 8 x 11. It is not difficult to use. It has a handle to grasp and move along the wall. We found it was useful to place a drop cloth on the floor and to move the steamer after a short time - 10-20 seconds. The wall gets pretty hot. We kept moving and then going back to the starting area and usually after the second application - the paper was ready to be removed.

I did appreciate all of the helpful hints and did try the old faithful - vinegar and several other products and scoring implements with no luck. We were happy the steamer did a good job.

Denise

• A A on Jun 19, 2017
    I had to resort to hiring a professional...2 layers of paper dating back to 1966! I feel your pain. Good luck with the rest of the renovations.

• Sue Lilly Sue Lilly on Jun 19, 2017
    Glad you got it sorted. ๐Ÿค—

• Vivian Vivian on Jun 19, 2017
    Glad to know the last resort worked.

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Jun 19, 2017
    Congratulations! I'm glad it all worked out even if it was tough, at least it's done now!

• Dottie Ann Dottie Ann on Jun 21, 2017
    Great! Would love to see pictures when you're all done~!

• Tami Dean Tami Dean on Jun 30, 2017
    A heat gun or blow dryer would have worked also.