Old Metal File Cabinet Makeover

$30

Old Metal File Cabinet turned into Trash Bin Holder
This is a before picture of the old file cabinet.
First I cleaned it, then I painted it with my homemade Chalk Paint. 2 coats was enough for me. After, I sealed with Polycrylic.
For the bottom, I added casters into a 3" wood strip, than a used liquid nail + some screws to attach into file cabinet. 
For the top, I was going to use wood, but at Home depot there was some FREE MDF , oh yeah! I painted the MDF also with my homemade chalk paint, then I sealed it with 2 coasts of Polycrylic.
I also purchased 2 new trash bins at Target ( its a perfect fit for the drawer) Named: Curver, Mistral Pivot Lid - 7 gallons.
Voila!

Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before

• Melody

Good idea, but don't you have to reach all the way to the bottom to pull the trash bin out ? This is not practical, but it might work for some and look nice in an office .

• Tracey Jackson

I have seen others where they take out top drawer, remove the bottom. Put it back in and somehow attach top to bottom drawer. Then you have a completely closed in garbage bin. And it slides out with either handle. Its completely closed in for those w animals/little ones who may pick at trash. In that recycle they also replaced hardware to fit your style. I personally want to do that recycle, my dog is a trash picker.

• Jeannine

What is MDF?

• Jewellmartin

Medium grade plywood works the same. Sanding and caulking can give nice smooth edges.

• Susan Morris

You mentioned Home Made Chalk Paint.... could you share the recipe?

• Mimi

Love your idea and your presentation! I am thinking for me this would solve my recycle bin problem...neat, compact, and convenient. I could label the lids of the bins, "Plastic" and "Paper." Thank you so very much!

• Clergylady

Nice recycle idea!