Bathroom Remodel

$600
Advanced

We finally completed one project in our house remodel!!!!

Please see post for all pictures and instructions. http://diy-vintage-chic.blogspot.com/2017/05/bathroom-remodel.html
You may remember from my Kitchen Remodel Part I post that the hubby and I are remodeling our entire place. We've started several projects but haven't been able to complete them for one reason or another, hence why I haven't posted Kitchen Remodel Part II {coming soon!}.
But now we can check one off the list. Our main floor half bath has been completed. And as usually our GC, Matilda, was around to supervise our progress. Here's the old bath.
I needed a little help from the hubby with some plumbing issues. The new vanity's adult height so we needed to move the plumbing up.
And I needed a little help with the electrical work. The lights were centered in the room and I wanted them centered over the vanity. So we moved them down a few inches. Our supervisor was back....
Once I had everything planned out I mixed up my mortar and laid the tile back down. I left them for 24 hours, came back to clean the tiles off and fill in the grout lines.
Now the fun part! We've pulled up the hardwood floor in the house and saved it. I decided to use some of the boards for an accent wall. After sanding for hours {that part was not fun} the boards were ready to attached to the wall.

I measured and worked around the opening on the back of the vanity. Just in case future plumbing work is needed we didn't want someone to have to cut through a ton of wood.

I stained and stained away. {Make sure you have some kind of ventilation, especially in a small half bath like this one}
TADA! Finally completed and decorated!!!

Becky W

• Kathy Hendricks

How to tile on a concrete wall?

• Karen Karlen

If it's real concrete, then you are lucky because it is a solid substrate that will stand up to the weight of tile and grout! I would ask at your tile supply store for the best mastik (adhesive) for the type of tile you are using.

• Har29467662

Can you please tell me where you got your bathroom vanity. It's just what I'm looking for size wise, but cannot find. Thank you.

• CJ

Try any of the big box lumber stores in your area. I'm sure I've seen one like this in at least one of the stores we frequent, Menards, Home Depot, Lowes. These store often special order for you but may charge extra.

Ikea and amazon are also possibilities. Or try manufacturers websites. Some may sell direct to individual customers or will provide "find a store near you" service.

Good luck!

• Marsha Williams

Love your finished bathroom. Great job! Where did you get your mirror? Looking for one just like that for my bathroom. Thanks!

• Eliza

Hello !

What a great remodel indeed ! I need some courage and instruction to pop open the shower wall and fix a shower leak then replace cement dry wall, mud out, and retile and grout. Got to do this quick. Please give me some pictures info...been taking care of surgery patients in my family and must diy cause of money. I do like your upcycle of the wood as it makes the room less 'clinical' looking and adds a warmth only wood can do and especially that you did use 'found' materials instead of spending money.

Great result !!!

🌹Eliza

Supervisor is bonded and licensed ? Very 'paws' on Supervisor present through all phases 🛠️🐕bark !!!

• Fee Miriam Rosenfeltz

Gorgeous rustic wood & white combo....extra gorgeous works Supervisor.....what a beautiful, clever doggo! 😊