Bathroom Remodel

$600
Advanced

We finally completed one project in our house remodel!!!!

Please see post for all pictures and instructions. http://diy-vintage-chic.blogspot.com/2017/05/bathroom-remodel.html
bathroom remodel
You may remember from my Kitchen Remodel Part I post that the hubby and I are remodeling our entire place. We've started several projects but haven't been able to complete them for one reason or another, hence why I haven't posted Kitchen Remodel Part II {coming soon!}.
bathroom remodel
But now we can check one off the list. Our main floor half bath has been completed. And as usually our GC, Matilda, was around to supervise our progress. Here's the old bath.
bathroom remodel
I needed a little help from the hubby with some plumbing issues. The new vanity's adult height so we needed to move the plumbing up.
bathroom remodel
And I needed a little help with the electrical work. The lights were centered in the room and I wanted them centered over the vanity. So we moved them down a few inches. Our supervisor was back....
bathroom remodel
Once I had everything planned out I mixed up my mortar and laid the tile back down. I left them for 24 hours, came back to clean the tiles off and fill in the grout lines.
bathroom remodel
Now the fun part! We've pulled up the hardwood floor in the house and saved it. I decided to use some of the boards for an accent wall. After sanding for hours {that part was not fun} the boards were ready to attached to the wall.

bathroom remodel
I measured and worked around the opening on the back of the vanity. Just in case future plumbing work is needed we didn't want someone to have to cut through a ton of wood.

bathroom remodel
I stained and stained away. {Make sure you have some kind of ventilation, especially in a small half bath like this one}
bathroom remodel
TADA! Finally completed and decorated!!!
bathroom remodel
bathroom remodel
bathroom remodel

• Shiplap  (home)
Becky W