How To Make Paper Flowers From Coffee Filters

$5.00

Coffee filters are an inexpensive grocery store item to repurpose into something beautiful for your home. Everyone loves flowers, both real or silk and sometimes our arrangements need something extra to fill in those bare spots. Here is how to easily create paper flowers with your filters...
These are the supplies that you'll need and probably already have. The coffee filters that work best are the basket kind and if you use the smaller and the larger sizes you'll create more realistic flowers.
The only other supply that you will need would be either food coloring or another method of dyeing your filters. You can also use fabric dye, any type of craft paint or just run a marker around the edge and dab it with a wet sponge to create a bleed.
Let the filters dry completely before beginning to craft your flower.
You'll be trimming the ends of your filters into a scallop shape first. Take a stack of your filters and fold your stack into quarters. I generally use from 6 to 8 of the dyed filters to create a flower. Staple as shown to hold them together while you form your flower.

It's not necessary to use glue with this method and you'll be taping with some simple masking tape at the end.
The flowers will be twisted by hand from underneath one by own. The technique does take a little bit of practice, but I share many more details on my blog Shabbyfufublog that is linked below.

Once you've created a few flowers it starts to flow and become much easier. Practice with this technique makes perfect!
Here is my finished flower centerpiece arrangement. It looks so much fuller with some paper flowers mixed in to fill the empty spots!

Please visit my blog below for more home styling and projects and subscribe to the newsletter for your FREE seasonal decorating guide.

Janet Coon-Shabbyfufu

• Betty Sutton Smith

I'm wondering how to this for beer ? Lol I guess I would need a giant kegerator teehee. A good thought though! Thank you for sharing.

• Elaine

Can a bathroom tile floor be painted or somehow refinished rather than replace?

• Susan Sutton

I’ve tried 3 times to get a shelf to stay on my wall. No studs just drywall. What can I use?? I’d like to put stuff on it.

• Edith

You need to use an anchor. Go to your home supply store and tell the associate what you are trying to do and they will show you what to purchase. Wall anchors are inexpensive. I hope that helps.