DIY Pantry (For Just $11)

$11

We have a small kitchen, and I was in desperate need of a pantry. We spent just $11 on supplies, and I love the result. So much storage!
Need a pantry? Pick a place that you can hang shelving for your food. We chose the wall leading to our basement, since the door is just off the kitchen.
Buy your supplies. We chose inexpensive over the door hangers that could be screwed to the wall. We also bought some hooks to hang things.
Hang your shelving first, since it takes up the most space. Make sure that you measure so that you can fit the most into your small space.
Add a few hooks for extra storage. We found our hooks at Dollar Tree and they fit perfectly into the spaces that were too small for a shelf. We use them to hang lunch boxes, reusable shopping bags, etc. These would also be great for hanging Dollar Tree baskets.
Enjoy! This has worked so well for us! We did something similar in our homeschool room for activitie, but that's a different post.

• Over the Door Shelves  (Staples or Target or Walmart)
  • Hooks  (Dollar Tree or a Hardware Store)

18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy

• Car19743334

Not really a? But I was antique shopping and found a old Jack Daniels tin and made it my little pantry for my semi hold little cans of veggie perfectly.
  • Linda Leschynski Ackerson

Just to tell you you could have made shelves out of lumber put a edge on them
    and had more storage just build up from the bottom ledge which u already use and now take those shelf thing white and screw them onto your wood shelbed
    BAMM ! More storage
  • Beddy Doe

Lucky you to have a wall that wasn't already occupied. I have a pantry, It's just about deep enough for two small soup cans and approximately 10 inchs wide. The space allows for two shelves. With all your wall space I would have put up wooden shelves.

• Bay30450648

Thanks!!! I live on a boat!!! This is cheap great and wont mold or rust and i love it. Dollar store has great tools n stuff to do this
  • Ticia

When I lived in a 1925 house in NY, there was no pantry in the small kitchen so I utilized the shelving pictured above along the wall of my stairs to the basement. It was a great help to not have to utilize all my cabinets for food items and made it easy to reach those things used infrequently. Otherwise most things were stored on shelves in the basement. There was no other place to do it.