Tanner Bell
Tanner Bell
  • Morristown, TN

DIY Tapestry Dresser

$40

All of my friends are obsessed with using tapestry's in their decor right now. I've been seeing them everywhere, but almost everyone simply hangs them on the wall and calls it a day. Today I want to share with you how we're going to give some TLC to this old dresser and decoupage a tapestry to it. Ready? Let's DIY!
If you're a visual learner like myself, check out the video we made sharing with you EXACTLY how to make your own. You're going to love it.
diy tapestry dresser
Step 1 : Sand the dresser.
diy tapestry dresser
Step 2 : Paint the dresser base with white chalky finish paint. You probably do not need to worry about the drawers, as we're going to decoupage them.
diy tapestry dresser
Step 3 : Sand your drawers and wipe the dust off to prepare them to decoupage.
diy tapestry dresser
Step 4 : Apply your decoupage with a roller onto the drawer.
diy tapestry dresser
Step 5 : Plan out your tapestry pattern and cut the tapestry to decoupage onto each drawer. Apply the fabric and smooth.
diy tapestry dresser
Step 6 : After you're happy with the placement and they have dried, apply a sealer coat of decoupage.
diy tapestry dresser
Add your drawers and you're DONE! Wasn't this a simple DIY that you're going to love for your room decor?
diy tapestry dresser

Mandala Fabric Black And White Zendoodle Mandala by Semi Feral...
Tanner Bell

• Elaine DiAntonio

I love this, but would really like to do it to the dresser top....will the same process apply?

• Diane

Sorry i forgot to say this is for.paper, not fabric. Fabric can also be used on vases pots etc, but you don't need to iron fabric. ☺

• Margaret Green

Does the fabric stick as well as paper would? Is it regular decoupage glue?

• Diane

Yes, I've been doing it for years. I only use mod podge, i don't know what the other produts are like. You can try this out on something first, but really it works fantastic...put on you mod let it totally dry, than another coat let totally dry, use only parchment paper, than iron it, it fuses it to the wood and looks like it came from a factory.

Good luck, Diane.

• Bea23156082

Did they add the hardwear back on the drawers? And if not, how do you open the drawers? It looks like w/o the hardwear it would be a lot of wear and tear on the fabric.