DIY Tapestry Dresser

69K Views
All of my friends are obsessed with using tapestry's in their decor right now. I've been seeing them everywhere, but almost everyone simply hangs them on the wall and calls it a day. Today I want to share with you how we're going to give some TLC to this old dresser and decoupage a tapestry to it. Ready? Let's DIY!
Time: 2 HoursCost: $40Difficulty: Easy
If you're a visual learner like myself, check out the video we made sharing with you EXACTLY how to make your own. You're going to love it.
  • diy tapestry dresser
Step 1 : Sand the dresser.
  • diy tapestry dresser
Step 2 : Paint the dresser base with white chalky finish paint. You probably do not need to worry about the drawers, as we're going to decoupage them.
  • diy tapestry dresser
Step 3 : Sand your drawers and wipe the dust off to prepare them to decoupage.
  • diy tapestry dresser
Step 4 : Apply your decoupage with a roller onto the drawer.
  • diy tapestry dresser
Step 5 : Plan out your tapestry pattern and cut the tapestry to decoupage onto each drawer. Apply the fabric and smooth.
  • diy tapestry dresser
Step 6 : After you're happy with the placement and they have dried, apply a sealer coat of decoupage.
  • diy tapestry dresser
Add your drawers and you're DONE! Wasn't this a simple DIY that you're going to love for your room decor?
  • diy tapestry dresser

Suggested materials for this project:

Prices updated as of July 12, 2018 11:13 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
Tanner Bell